Официальные задания и ответы школьного этапа 2023-2024 всероссийской олимпиады школьников ВСОШ по Английскому языку 7-8 класс для Москвы 77 регион.
[26-28.09.2023] Школьный этап по Английскому языку 2023-2024 г. Москва 77 регион
ЗАДАНИЕ 1 Выберите подходящий вариант в выпадающем списке
There are several famous palaces in Moscow. Many of them are regularly visited by tourists.
Read about the five most famous palaces in Moscow and answer the questions that follow. Now you have 15 minutes to read the texts and answer these questions.
Petrovsky Palace is located on Leningradsky Prospect. Built in 1780 on the orders of Catherine the Great in the so called “Russian Neogothic Style”, the Palace was used by the Russian Monarchs as a place to stop at and rest on the way from St. Petersburg to Moscow. Today, Petrovsky Palace and Park are within the Moscow city limits. Part of the Petrovsky Park is occupied by the Dynamo Stadium.
Catherine’s Palace is located in the district of Lefortovo – which used to be the German District of Moscow or ‘Nemetskaya Sloboda’, where foreigners lived. When the palace was built in 1796, it was the biggest palace in Moscow. Catherine’s son Pavel I didn’t like this palace, and after the death of his mother turned it into the barracks for his soldiers. Since then, the palace has belonged to different military schools.
The Grand Kremlin Palace is located in the Moscow Kremlin, facing the Moskva River. The Palace was built in 1849 as the official residence of Russian Emperors in Moscow. It is a tall building but has only two floors. It is now the residence of the Russian President. Many official events are held there. Georgievsky Hall is the largest hall of the Grand Palace. When there are no official events, the Palace is open to tourists.
The Kremlin Palace of Congresses is the newest building in the Moscow Kremlin. It was built in 1961 on the initiative of Nikita Khruschev to be used for the congresses of the Communist Party. In addition to its main official purpose, the Palace has always been used for concerts and theatrical productions. It served as the second stage of the Bolshoi Theatre. The main and biggest New Year’s Party for children – ‘Yolka’ – has also been held here for years.
Sheremetev Palace, or Ostankino Palace, was built in the 18th century by Count Nikolai Sheremetev, one of the richest people of his time. Sheremetev loved arts and built his summer residence at Ostankino as a palace of arts which included a theatre and a library, as well as galleries of paintings and sculptures. The theatre was the central and most important part of the palace. Today, Sheremetev Palace is a museum.
Не забудьте проверить и сохранить свои ответы!
1. How many palaces were built in the 18th century?
Выбрать: 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5
2. Which palace is still used as a theatre?
Выбрать: Petrovsky Palace/ Catherine’s Palace/ The Grand Kremlin Palace/ The Kremlin Palace of Congre/ Sheremetev Palace
3. How many palaces are connected with Russian Emperors?
Выбрать: 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5
ЗАДАНИЕ 2 Заполните пропуски подходящими по смыслу словами
Now listen to parts of the city tour around Moscow and decide which palace the tour guide is talking about. You will hear this twice.
The Grand Kremlin Palace
The Kremlin Palace of Congresses
1. Palace 1:
2. Palace 2:
3. Palace 3:
4. Palace 4:
ЗАДАНИЕ 3 Выберите подходящий вариант в выпадающем списке
The students in Emily’s class are preparing short travel guides for places that they have visited. Emily wants to do a travel guide about Hawaii, where she went on vacation with her family. She wants to let others know what Hawaii is like. She wants to inform everyone about the great places she visited in Hawaii.
Do the following tasks.
In the library, Emily has found a book called “The Hawaiian Islands” which she is going to use for writing her travel guide. Here are the Table of Contents and Index from this book. Study them carefully then answer questions 1-4.
1. Which chapter should Emily read to learn about the lakes and rivers of Hawaii?
Выбрать: Chapter 1/ Chapter 2/ Chapter 3/ Chapter 4/ Chapter 5
2. Which pages have information about where active volcanoes are found in Hawaii?
Выбрать: 6-7/ 9-11/ 15-16/ 36-37
3. Chapter 4 has information on all of these except –
Выбрать: famous national parks to visit/ the best places for swimming/ the government structure of Hawaii/ tourist centers to find information
4. Which pages have information about the daily temperatures in Hawaii?
Выбрать: 6-7/ 9-11/ 12-13/ 36-37
ЗАДАНИЕ 4 Выберите один из нескольких вариантов
Here’s what Emily has written so far for her travel guide. Read it carefully. It has some mistakes. Then answer questions 1-5 to make it sound better.
(1) Do you want to have the greatest time in the world? (2) If you do, then Hawaii is the vacation spot for you.
(3) Hawaii is one of the 50 states of the United States. (4) It is our southernmost state and the only state that is not part of the mainland of North America.
(5) Hawaii has many beautiful and interesting sights to see. (6) The islands are a wonderful place to experience volcanoes. (7) You can experience magnificent waterfalls and beautiful beaches. (8) The weather is warm year-round, so every day is a good day for your outdoor plans. (9) The people of Hawaii have many customs. (10) You can enjoy interesting food and music. (11) You can also watch folk dancing, parades, and special events. (12) You can travel from island to island. (13) By boat or by plane.
(14) Hawaii is made up of eight major islands. (15) The state capital, Honolulu, is located on the island of Oahu. (16) All the islands were formed by volcanoes. (17) Today these volcanoes are the island’s mountains. (18) Mauna Loa and Kilauea are Hawaiis’only active volcanoes.
(19) Hawaii has mild temperatures all year. (20) The cool ocean breezes help create a wonderful climate. (21) For this reason, people sometimes call Hawaii “Paradise”.
1. Which of the following sentences best combines sentences 6 and 7 without changing their meaning?
The islands are a wonderful place to experience volcanoes and a wonderful place to experience magnificent waterfalls and beaches.
Volcanoes, waterfalls, and beautiful beaches in the islands are wonderful places to experience.
The islands are a wonderful place to experience volcanoes and to experience magnificent waterfalls and beautiful beaches.
The islands are a wonderful place to experience volcanoes, magnificent waterfalls, and beautiful beaches.
ЗАДАНИЕ 5 Выберите один из нескольких вариантов
2. Which of these sentences could be added before sentence 8?
Hawaii has a very pleasant climate.
The original natives of Hawaii were Polynesians.
Hawaii has several active volcanoes.
Hawaii has eight major islands.Ответить
ЗАДАНИЕ 6 Выберите один из нескольких вариантов
3. It would be better to start a new paragraph beginning with sentence –
ЗАДАНИЕ 7 Введите ответ в числовое поле
4. Which group of words in Emily’s travel guide is NOT a complete sentence? Write the number of the group of words.
ЗАДАНИЕ 8 Выберите один из нескольких вариантов
5. In sentence 18, Hawaiis’ only active volcanoes should be written –
Hawaiis only active volcanoes.
Hawaii’s only active volcanoes.
Hawaiis’ only, active volcanoes.
As it is written.
ЗАДАНИЕ 9 Выберите подходящий вариант в выпадающем списке
Read the text below and choose the word that fits best for each space. The first one is done for you.
I’m so thankful we are all okay. I never imagined I’d have to go through something (0) as terrifying as what happened yesterday. (1) __________, I thought we were (2)__________to have a regular thunderstorm. The sky got dark and the wind picked up. Dad came in early from the fields on his tractor. (3)__________ my sister Julia said, “Look at the sky. (4)__________look weird?”
We went to the window and saw strange, heavy clouds. I heard the wind begin to roar and started to feel (5) __________. Mom told us to run to the storm cellar, but I wanted to go to my room to get (6)_________ of my things first. Mom grabbed me and made me (7)__________ with everyone else. As we ran toward the storm cellar, I saw (8)__________ long, thin cloud drop down from the sky and touch the ground. The noise grew (9)__________ like a train rushing straight at us. My little brother Mark started to cry. He (10)__________ by my mother who carried him down the steps into the cellar.
We turned on the emergency lamps and huddled together. Above us, we heard horrible sounds of crashing and tearing (11)__________ seemed to go on forever. All I could think about (12)__________ losing my tablet and smart phone. I knew Julia was worried about the clothes she (13)__________, and Mark (14)__________about his favorite toys.
When (15)__________ finally grew quiet again, we came upstairs. The whole house was gone – (16)__________ gone. The garage next to the house hadn’t been touched, and (17)__________ barn was fine. We all had the exact same reaction. (18)__________ of crying about what we (19)__________ we hugged each other and cried because everyone was safe. We still had (20)__________ mattered most – our family.
ЗАДАНИЕ 10 Впишите в пропуски подходящее по смыслу слово
Find the nonsense word in each pair of sentences below. Replace that word in each sentence with the same real word. Make sure the word you choose makes sense in both of the sentences.
There is an example done for you:
0. The wind blew hard, and the boat began to keevil.
Mark stopped digging when his shovel hit a keevil. rock
1. The teacher told us to stand in a straight wingding.
Louis drew a wingding under the correct answer. __________
2. It is hard to be lammy when you are waiting for your turn.
The lammy in the hospital bed was feeling much better. __________
3. Dad said, “Please use your puffit instead of your fingers”.
When we came to the puffit in the road, we were not sure which way to go. __________